Wednesday, July 8, 2009

First Pay...

Yesterday was like any other normal day. A monday morning (with no blues). Feeling sleepy as usual and just wishing for an extended weekend. But all the wishes were kept aside when I saw the clock ticking away....and I had to get out of bed with the highest priority for the moment being catching that bus....
I rush to the office and start doing my serial for the day. Somehow just praying that I get to see the very first salary of my life (since I had got a message on friday mentioning about my salary)! With my headphones on at work, I can hardly hear anybody moving around. The receptionist came to my desk and with a really sweet smile handed over my first ever pay cheque. Probably she knew how I felt while receiving it....after all everybody has their 'first pay day'! While opening the envelope I felt like I had the whole world in my hands - right there! I was surprised to see the amount mentioned on the cheque as it was more than I expected.
I changed my status on Gmail and Facebook immediately and pinged my sister informing her about the breaking news of my life and ofcourse mentioning the amount. I messaged my brother too. Both my sister and brother were more than happy to see me overjoyed. My colleagues congratulated me too (looking at my Gmail status). And one of them described the moment just perfectly. She said "You might be feeling like a millionaire today!!" And I agreed.
So my whole world knew that I had my first pay. I had this smile on my face which would not wear off. I just wanted to stay in the moment - forever! I felt independent. I knew what money meant, in that moment right there. I did not know if I was going to save some of it or none! But I just knew that it meant a lot to me. I knew what it felt when you have the money you have earned by yourself.
I was now a part of the world where people would utter the word 'salary' every month on a specific date. The curiosity, the excitement, the joy - I came to experience them all again, but in definitely a different way this time....

2 comments:

Anupama said...

Congratulations! And keep some aside for me sweetness :)

prashant said...

:)