Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Half Book Review: Curious Lives

Image source: www.shop9.com

I am currently reading Curious Lives by Richard Bach. I picked this book up back in Bangalore, randomly, also probably because I had just finished reading another book by him. I liked the introduction of the book then, all about fables and adventures, reminded me of my childhood - just the introduction. I did start reading it, but it didn't interest me that much at the time. And now that I opened my bag of books transported to Nagpur, I picked it up again.

And boy am I glad I did! In About the book section, one line that I liked was, "This book is best read aloud at bedtime with your kids, spouse or lover." Though I did not try reading it aloud to V, it definitely is one of those bedtime books. It's like being transported back in time, where you would sleep off listening to or reading a fairy tale, with a curious mind and a happy heart. Every book I read, I read it with a free mind. Especially if it's non-fiction, I let my imaginations flow. This book has made the task of imagination a delight!

And I say all of this even though I haven't finished half of the book! Nowadays, I look forward to my special time with this book at bedtime. I cannot believe it didn't interest me previously. May be work life stress was a big reason for me to find it uninteresting and dragging. Now that I have lots of free time on hand, it comes across as a wonderful delight, this book.

Though I strongly recommend this book (yes, already), stay away from it if you're not a fan of fables and tales.


No comments: